Per industry standards, wood flooring may have natural or manufacturing defects in up to 5% of the boards.
Asia Link guarantees that its engineered wood flooring:
- Meets quality standards contracted between the seller & the buyer.
- Will not delaminate as long as our installation and maintenance instructions are respected¹.
This guarantee shall only be valid if:
- The flooring has been stored properly (temperature: 18°C, relative humidity: 35 to 65%) for no more than 18 months.
- The flooring installer is an experienced professional who has:
- Followed our installation instructions.
- Measured and assessed the:
- MC of both the wood flooring and the sub-floor.
- Stopped installation and contacted the supplier if boards were defective.²
- The users have:
- Followed maintenance instructions. In particular, room temperature should be 18°C and room relative humidity should be 35-65%.
- The flooring has been used in common residential conditions.
- Reported the product defect within 15 days of the quality issue becoming apparent.
This guarantee does not cover:
- Damages caused by:
- Improper installation, use and maintenance;
- Natural disasters, water, fire, furniture, heels, pets, chemicals;
- Product alterations or attempts to repair, refinish or re-coat.
- Color differences reflecting woods’ natural shades.³
- Expansion and shrinkage due to seasonal changes, age and sunlight.
- Normal wearing, especially in high traffic areas and on oil/wax finishing.
- Staining of natural oiled floors.
- Damaged caused by improper installation or usage over radiant heating. The installer is responsible for verifying that the flooring is suitable for use over radiant heating and for installing the flooring according to approved industry standards. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to ensure the heating system is operating within appropriate wood flooring parameters. Asia Link shall only consider claims on wood flooring used over radiant heating if a ‘heat tape’ has been installed on the reverse side of the flooring allowing both parties concerned to know the temperature wood flooring was subject to.
- Products older than 5 years from the date of shipment.
Guarantee beneficiary and guarantee activation procedure:
The beneficiary of this guarantee is the original purchaser of Asia Link’s wood flooring. This guarantee is not transferable.
To activate the guarantee, the beneficiary, shall submit within 15 days of the flooring defect becoming apparent:
- a report on the nature and extent of the quality issue;
- the relevant purchase contract or commercial invoice;
- related pictures and samples.
Asia Link reserves the right to undertake a visual and technical inspection of the flooring concerned.
Based on the above, Asia Link shall take a position within 10 working days. In case Asia Link finds the claim to be justified, it shall either reimburse or replace the flooring concerned. In no event shall Asia Link be responsible for any direct, indirect, punitive, economic, commercial, consequential, incidental or special loss or damage or any claim by a third party, resulting from the use or loss of use of the product.
Asia Link will not be responsible for installation problems.
Asia Link, April 2020.
¹ Should more than 5% of board delaminate and rip-out and re-install be required, Asia Link shall only be responsible for rip-out, supply and installation of new equivalent flooring. All other costs shall be born by the client.
² The installer is considered to have accepted any flooring he/she has installed. It is the installer’s exclusive responsibility to:
- Not install any obviously defective boards;
- Install boards in an aesthetically harmonious manner.
³ Wood is naturally diverse in its appearance. Orders will show natural variations around samples’ aesthetics.