China Link guarantees that its WPC DECKING:
- Meets quality standards contracted between the seller & the buyer.
- Stands for Wood Plastic Composite and is made by a mix of wood powder with HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) and other chemical additives.
- Is guaranteed against structural failure resulting from fungal decay, termites, rotting, splintering or splitting.
This guarantee shall only be valid if:
- The WPC decking boards have been stored in their original packaging, preferably in a well ventilated roofed place.
- WPC decking is not used for closed and wet places without air ventilation and/or environment with significant difference temperature change. (such as sauna room).
- The decking installer is an experienced professional who has:
- Followed our installation instructions.
- Stopped installation and contacted the supplier if boards were defective.¹
- The users have:
- Followed maintenance instructions.
- Used the product per it’s intended purpose.
- Reported the product defect within 15 days of the quality issue becoming apparent.
This guarantee does not cover:
- Damages caused by:
- Improper Storage;
- Improper installation, use and maintenance;
- Natural disasters, water, fire, furniture, heels, pets, chemicals;
- Product alterations or attempts to repair, refinish or re-coat.
- Normal wearing, especially in high traffic areas.
- Expansion and shrinkage due to seasonal changes, age and sunlight.
- Color fading, which will typically take place over the first few weeks after product installation.
- Staining and scratching.²
- Shading, or variations in the color of your decking product including discoloration caused by normal weathering, chipping, or scratching. NOTE: Color variation occurs naturally during the manufacturing process and should be expected. When exposed to the elements, color variation due to weathering may be uneven because of exposure to different amounts of sunlight. (This actually ensures your decking will have a natural appearance).
- Products older than 5 years from the date of shipment.
Guarantee beneficiary and guarantee activation procedure:
The beneficiary of this guarantee is the original purchaser of China Link’s WPC decking. This guarantee is not transferable.
To activate the guarantee, the beneficiary, shall submit within 15 days of the decking defect becoming apparent:
- a report on the nature and extent of the quality issue;
- the relevant purchase contract or commercial invoice;
- related pictures and samples.
China Link reserves the right to undertake a visual and technical inspection of the decking concerned.
Based on the above, China Link shall take a position within 10 working days. In case China Link finds the claim to be justified, it shall either reimburse or replace the flooring concerned. In no event shall China Link be responsible for any direct, indirect, punitive, economic, commercial, consequential, incidental or special loss or damage or any claim by a third party, resulting from the use or loss of use of the product.
China Link will not be responsible for installation problems.
China Link, April 2020
¹The installer is considered to have accepted any flooring he/she has installed. It is the installer’s exclusive responsibility to:
1. Not install any obviously defective boards;
2. Install boards in an aesthetically harmonious manner.
² 2nd Generation Co Extrustion WPC Decking has a PVC Cover and is less likely to be scratched or stained.
Food and/or beverage stains can be removed if cleaned within 24 hours of exposure to food/beverage.